Leblon traps a light “rummy” bouquet with fruity and tequila-like herbal notes. This cachaca has a smooth entry, with pleasing layers of fruity cane and spices; all in a clean silky texture. With a creamy full body, Leblon exhibits a spice box with toasty vanillas that create a creme brûlée and for some, hints of butterscotch. The spirit warms in the mouth and leaves a gentle sweetness in the middle of the tongue that flowers as it lasts, much like a refined tequila. For such a lively spirit, the warm, velvety finish is a lasting surprise. Leblon mixes extremely well with almost any fruit and couples nicely with other ingredients from herbs to liqueurs. It can also be sipped chilled as it is the most pure of the white cachacas.
- Slice – Take a good size juicy lime and cut off the two ends. Cut the lime in half length-wise, and cut each half into four wedges. Using your knife, carefully remove the white pith from the inside edge of each wedge.
- Sweeten – Drop the wedges into a rocks glass. Add 1 ounce of simple syrup or 2 teaspoons of sugar, preferably superfine sugar
- Muddle – Crush the limes and sugar for 5-10 seconds with your muddler, being sure to extract most of the lime juice from the limes (don’t over do it, or you’ll extract some bitter elements from the peel).
- Pour – Fill the glass with crushed or cracked ice to the top. Add 2 ounces of Leblon Cachaça.
- Shake – To finish, shake in a shaker for 10-20 seconds until the sugar is dissolved, or give the drink a thorough stir with a teaspoon or stirrer for about 10 seconds.
- Saude – Garnish with a lime wedge or wheel, and serve.